Bill began a new job at Freeman Motor Co in Portland on July 1st, so we are proud to announce that we are Oregonians again! It was a sudden opportunity that got us packing and moving before we could even say a proper goodbye to LA and our sweet home in Hermosa Beach. But we are gladly back and settling in and excitedly hugging trees left and right.
Bill's well-known passion for cars (and suave sales tactics) are driving his successful start at Freeman despite some small logistical hiccups like where to hang his hat and park the RV. Not to worry, we'll have a home in Portland soon [laughs nervously] and things will start to feel normal.
Meanwhile, I'm living the life of the recently unemployed and after a rough start (hard to believe I had trouble adjusting) I'm getting the hang of it. I'm enjoying the company of my future parents-in-law (George and Sharon) at their beautiful home in central Oregon, as are the dogs who thoroughly enjoy their new 11-acre park they share with Cooper (another Golden) and many little critters they get to chase. (Life just keeps getting better for these dogs.)
While poor Bill is hard at work, most of my days right now are spent trying to get into wedding-shape (nothing like the last minute) and trying to put the finishing touches on our big day. Running out here in the fresh air, with the wide-open road and snow-capped mountains in the nearby distance is pretty fantastic. I'm reminded that I actually enjoy running. That should help with the dress fitting. Add to that regimen a little golf with George, a little shopping with Sharon and that's about my life at the moment. Maybe tomorrow we'll play Wii. Who knows? It's gets crazy around here.
It's good to be home!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds wonderful Ellen. Enjoy every minute of funemployment; and after a year, if you still need help settling in, I am happy to help.
ReplyDeleteLove it! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteAww, Ellen & Bill... we miss you guys!!! But the view from your future wedding venue looks simply gorgeous... breathtaking... cheers!
ReplyDelete